This past weekend was not only a holiday but it was my birthday. I have to say if I was going to pick a holiday to have my birthday on Labor Day is a pretty good holiday to have it on. You get a day off from work and it isn't that major of a holiday so the roads and vacation spots aren't super crowded. Oh and they have awesome sales going on.
Anyway, this weekend we traveled from Houston to Minco, OK to visit my family. It is an 8 hour drive so we missed my littlest brother's football game Friday night, but I hear they slaughtered the other team. Go Dawgs! Saturday was filled with food, fishing, games and presents/shopping for me. While my mom and I were shopping Paul and my brother's went fishing where our little Dasher apparently learned how to swim. As the story goes, he jumped into the river after the bobber thinking it was a ball and that the water wasn't very deep and he went under for a few minutes until his head popped up and he swam to shore. I am grateful for this experience because I always wondered if he could swim. And probably one of the best events of Saturday was when OSU killed Washington State. Go POKES!! Sunday was filled with more food, games and hanging out at my grandma's and my house. Overall, it was a very relaxing weekend.
 |
| My mom got me a pretty bracelt and an OSU rock. |
 |
| My grandma made me some pretty pillow cases. |
 |
Paul surprised me with a cupcake made of flowers!
|
I had a great time visiting with my family and a great birthday weekend. I feel very blessed that my little brothers come home when I do just to hang out with Paul and I (it weird to think that only Steven actually lives at home now). Not to mention I have a great husband who always makes sure to make special occaisions extra special. To top it all off I even got my birthday wish when Paul and I ordered bedroom furniture (finally) on Monday night at the last minute when we returned to Houston. I felt like we had been searchign forever and we found a perfect match that we both liked in less than 10 minutes. Our sales lady was great too. I highly recommend working with Wendy from RoomStore. She was a hoot.
Oh and yes Paul took almost everyone in my family's blood pressure this weekend and took some time to study. Although, I do think he was a little too distracted to study as much as he would have liked. Good thing he is a smarty pants.
2 comments:
Paul and Liz- Its great to hear from you guys through your blog. I hope you all are doing well and enjoying the Houston area.
-Jeremy
Jeremy -
I always forget you are not a facebooker. So glad you found our blog then. We are really enjoying Houston, except I miss fall. You need to come down for a visit. Hope you are doing well too!
Post a Comment