Sunday, February 13, 2011

Super Bowl...and gardening?

Last Sunday was the Super Bowl. Paul and I hosted a party for his friends from medical school. Paul is lucky enough to have found a great group of guys to go through medical school with. They all fit together well with their different views on medicine and personalities. I think in the end they will all benefit from each others diversity.

To prepare for the party, Paul and I had to clean up and tame the jungle that had become our back yard. Luckily the weather went from in the 20s to in the 60s just in time. We had a lot of fun pulling weeds and planting flowers. Dasher was a big help too. He loved that we were all 'digging' up the yard and he didn't get yelled at this time.

planting tulips (my favorite)

So glad I have him to do all the heavy lifting.

With the yard all fixed up we were ready for the big party. It was kind of weird planning for a party where you didn't really have a team to root for. Paul was pretty bummed watching two other teams play in the Cowboy's stadium. I was just grateful that his friend Michael agreed to grill burgers for dinner. They were delicious and one less thing I had to worry about. Julian even brought some guacamole over for everyone to enjoy. We had tons of good food; healthy food too. When you are having a party for future doctors food becomes more than just something to eat. I don't know of anyone else who had a debate on how real of a threat e-coli is at their Super Bowl party. In addition to the burgers and guacamole, we had fresh fruit, queso, barbecue smokies, and cookies. The boys are so sweet. I get so many compliments on my simple cookies made from the recipe on the back of the chocolate chip bag.

Our spread. Paul even bought me football themed flowers for being willing to host his friends.
Not that it was hard. I love having his friends over they are great.

We all had a great time and I am happy to say this time I was not the only girl. My friend from summer camp, and funnily enough Paul's friend from high school, Mary Beth, came over just before half time. Also, Paul's friend Jose brought his wife, Sylvia over as well. I enjoyed visiting with them both as the boys discussed all things football and medicine. Dasher also enjoyed the company. He got so much love from everyone. He is slowly calming down when we have visitors now.

1 comment:

stacikristine said...

First of all, I love your new site! So cute. And it looks like you had a really fun Super Bowl party!