Ashley was supposed to arrive Thursday evening; however, it didn't seem to be what was in the plans. She ended up having to spend the evening at DFW airport. She finally arrived Friday morning and I brought her back to my house to freshen up before we met Paul in Galveston for lunch. He had just finished his final that morning, and for medical students the weekend after a final is the few days that they can actually relax and they show a glimmer of their true selves before the next block of craziness begins. Being married to a medical student at times can feel like riding a roller coaster. At the beginning of their course they are excited and nervous, but as the course begins and the car begins to climb the steep hill their anxiety and stress build with each clank of the chain, until they finally reach the top and take their final then there is a sudden release of stress, anxiety and happiness as the car flies down the hill and they find themselves at the bottom of the next hill and start of a whole new course with the promise of new twist turns and excitement. Anyway, after we had a delightful lunch on the seawall we headed back home so Ashley could rest before we had dinner and a movie that evening.
The next day we decided to go to NASA. Paul and I hadn't had a chance to go since we moved here and I have to admit, I was a little skeptical that it even truly existed. (I wish I could say after my visit my skepticism has diminished). Before heading to NASA though I made sure Ashley didn't leave Houston without visiting the urgent care center. I wish I could tell y'all that I am a gracefull, organized, put together person, but that just wouldn't be true. As I was running around trying to find my camera, purse, a jacket, and whatever else I just thought I needed, I ran smack dab into the car door and cut my head open just above my eye.
| my battle wound |
| on the tram ready to see some astronauts |
| Who knew Brazil had astronauts |
After, NASA we (Ashley and Paul, I had chicken) had some sea food fresh from the Gulf and then watched the Hangover again. Paul is obsessed with that movie.
Ashley left bright and early Sunday morning and I am happy to report had smoother and faster trip back home than she had here. It was good to see her and was much needed. It was truly relaxing and I needed some quality time with Ashley just to chat. Ashley is one of the few people in my life that I feel truly understands who I am and where I come from. I am grateful to have her as a friend.
1 comment:
I went to NASA when I was little. I was wondering if there was still anything to see...good to know! :)
Post a Comment