Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

If you haven't guessed by now from reading our blog, I love holidays. All of them. This weekend was memorial day weekend and Paul and I had a great time. I think remembering those that have given their lives for our freedom is a great way to kick off the summer. There is just something about patriotic music and the smell of charcoal that puts you in the mood for summer.

This weekend we took a short trip to Beaumont to visit Paul's cousin Staci and her husband Michael. We are so lucky that they live close by. We have such a great time hanging out with them. We spent the whole time playing games, which is amazing, because we love playing games and luckily so do they.  We also took a quick trip to help them make some purchases for their new house and check out the new house they are building just outside Beaumont.


This was Paul's favorite game that we played. We even played it three times. It is called Ticket to Ride and it is very fun.

We came home on Sunday and got to relax. On Monday we decided to check out the Houston Zoo. I have been telling Paul since we started dating that I wanted to go to the zoo with him and he finally decided to take me.

Me and my new friend.

feeding giraffes


The Houston Zoo is inside Herman Park near the med center and the park is beautiful and full of tons of fun things to do. After the zoo we decided to take a paddle boat ride. It was lots of fun and a lot more work than we though it would be after walking all around the zoo.

Paddle Boats!

Baby ducks by the paddle boats

On the paddle boat
After the zoo we ended our day with some light shopping at the galleria and an early dinner/late lunch at the Cheesecake Factory. Another place I have always wanted to go. The food was good and the cheesecake was amazing. Paul even liked their cheesecake and he claims to hate cheesecake so you know it has to be good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm SO glad yall came to visit!! And the zoo looks like a ton of fun.