Wedding bells were ringing the 1st of October for my friend and old college roommate Kendra. I made my first flight from Houston to OKC for the wedding, and I was literally flying solo to the wedding since Paul had an exam the Monday after the wedding and had to stay home to study. It was definitely weird going somewhere without Paul. We had been lucky enough up to this point that he was able to accompany me on all trips. It's a good thing my friend Beth and sister-in-law/friend Bethany were going to the wedding too. I have to say it was kind of nice being just the girls that weekend.
My flight landed just before 6:00pm Friday night, and my mom picked me up from the airport. We grabbed a quick bite to eat and then rushed to the football field just in time to join the spirit line for Steven's game. I enjoyed the first half of Steven's game catching up with old friends, and hanging out with my Cousin's sweet little girl. At half time Kendra called to tell me that they were on the way to her house for the personal shower. I borrowed my mom's car for the weekend and headed to join in the wedding fun.
Kendra is my first friend to get married after me. It was sweet to listen to her talk about her hopes and fears for her new marriage, and good to give her some advice since I am now an old married lady. Beth and I stayed the night with her that night and got to help her pack/prepare for her honeymoon and wedding day. Then Beth and I stayed up way too late (like we usually do) and caught up on our lives. Beth and I always seem to be able to talk forever without end. I love spending time with her, but always know sleeping is something that won't occur.
The next morning, we woke up, packed up and took Kendra to the salon to get her hair and make-up done for the wedding. We also assisted her mom in picking up the cupcakes for the reception. Then we headed to Beth's uncles house to get ourselves ready for the wedding. It was great being able to catch up with Beth's uncle and family. In college Beth's uncle Dennis and Tim hosted a tailgate for every home game, and I have to say it was the highlight of my college game days.
Then it was wedding time. Beth, Bethany, and I were chosen to man the guest book and pass out programs. It definitely kept us busy until the ceremony started. The ceremony was sweet and a great length. I am happy to say Kendra had never looked happier, and she seemed at peace during the whole thing.
 |
| Beth and I at the guest book |
 |
| Ceremony |
 |
| Mr. and Mrs. Miligan |
Kendra's reception was beautiful. Her colors were orange and navy. She had great food, a fun candy bar, and the cupcakes were good too. I have to say though what made the reception were the ladies that sat at our table. They were OSU fans (which is a plus) and just so full of life and fun. You could tell they had been friends for a while and were so easy to talk to.
 |
| Candy Bar |
 |
| Cupcakes |
 |
| Bethany and Beth |
 |
| Introducing Mr. and Mrs. Miligan |
 |
| Toasting the bride and groom |
 |
| Roommate picture |
 |
| Me and the Bride |
 |
| The Beths |
 |
| The best table at the reception |
 |
| Sending the bride and groom off |
It was a beautiful wedding, and Kendra couldn't have looked prettier or happier. I wish them all the best in their journey through marriage together.
1 comment:
Love all the pics you posted! So glad you could be a part of the day! Loved having you stay at my house! :)
Post a Comment