Easter is one of my favorite holidays. Not only for what it represents religiously, but because I love the celebration of new life being everywhere. We spent Easter in Minco again this year and just like last year, Paul had a POM final the Monday after. I guess medical school doesn't believe in religious holidays. I love my husband so much though because not only was he able to skip his small group class because he had done so well in the beginning of the course that his professor wasn't worried about him missing the last class, and he was willing to give up a prime study weekend to take me to see my family and get renewed. I did have to endure listening to some lectures during the 8 hour trip there and then back again, but hey I learned a few things.
We arrived late Thursday night and were able to spend all day Friday and Saturday with family. My older brother, sister-in-law, two nephews and niece were able to come down on Friday and stay until Saturday afternoon too. I love that even though we are 10 hours apart we still are able to get together. My baby nephew had grown sooo much though.
On Friday we had lunch and then went to my youngest brother's baseball game in a nearby town. I was glad they were playing baseball that weekend so I could watch him play some during his senior year. Baseball has always been all my brother's favorite sports. I don't remember a time when I didn't have to go to a baseball game. After the game, my 3 other younger brothers arrived in town and brought pizza for us to enjoy. They still had to go to class and work that Friday. Their girlfriends Kayla and Jonna joined us as well. After we enjoyed our pizza we had an early birthday party for my nephew Tyler who was 8 the Saturday after Easter!!
 |
| My big little baby nephew...just the cutest baby I have seen (well since Addelynn and Tyler) |
 |
| My nephew all grown up and 8 years old. Opening his present wrapped by Uncle Paul |
 |
| Balloons? |
 |
| Oh there are things inside of them! |
 |
| Ow! Maybe not the best idea |
 |
| There we go much better |
 |
| With his loot and candy |
 |
| Happy Early Birthday Tyler! |
Since my older brother was headed home Saturday
afternoon, and Paul and I had to leave before church on Sunday, we had
family Easter on Saturday. My mom and I woke up early and headed over to
my grandma's to help make lunch and dye eggs with Tyler and Addy.
 |
| Helping Tyler and Addelynn decorate eggs |
 |
| Tyler dying eggs |
 |
| Addy with her finished product |
 |
| Trevor had a photo shoot while we dyed eggs |
After dying eggs we had an Easter egg hunt. My mom bought a lot of fun treats to put in plastic eggs and some fun Easter stuffed bunnies and toys for my neice and nephew and cousin's little girls to hunt. We hid the eggs in the back yard and then let the little ones hunt for all their prizes that we marked with their initial.
 |
| Tyler playing with his Easter present |
 |
| Keeley, Addelynn and Cambry hunting eggs |
 |
| Dasher checking out Addelynn's loot |
 |
| Look Dad! |
 |
| I caught the Easter Bunny |
 |
| What did you find Tyler? |
After lunch, Keeley asked if she could take Dasher for a walk. So I put him on his harness and leash and sent him outside with the girls. He does so well with children for not being around them. I am always amazed at how his demeanor changes to be more gentle when with kids. Although, he does look a little scared when the girls have him. I don't think he quite understands that his name is in fact Dasoo to them.
 |
| Keeley and Addelynn walking Dasher |
 |
| Dasher waiting for Keeley to get the leash again. |
 |
| He managed to manipulate them into rubbing his belly too. |
I almost forgot to mention that Mallory came to join us on Saturday for lunch, baseball, and fun. I was excited to see Mallory because she upgraded from girlfriend to fiance the Wednesday before Easter weekend (I kinda talked my brother into doing it before the weekend so I could see the ring and talk about it with Mallory). It was so sweet how he proposed and I am proud to say despite all the ideas I gave him he came up with it on his own. He talked Mallory into having an egg dying contest and he wrote out will you marry me on his eggs, then dyed them and told her they couldn't look until they were done. He talked her into showing her eggs first and then he uncovered his and showed her his eggs. Needless to say he won the contest, but Mallory got the prize with a really gorgeous ring. So proud of my little brother for picking out a beautiful ring and proposing in such a cute unique way! I am finally getting the sisters I always wanted!
 |
| The eggs |
 |
| The ring! |
After all the Easter festivities we headed back to the baseball diamond to watch Steven play again (still can't believe I didn't take any pictures). After the game the boys all headed out to play this years newest game/activity...Frisbee Golf! Every year my brothers find a new hobby to get obsessed with and this year Frisbee Golf is the activity of choice. My mom, Mallory and I met with them a little later and then we came back to the house to dye Easter eggs. Nick's girlfriend, Jonna, had never dyed eggs before and we were happy to share in the fun with her. We dye eggs every year.
 |
| Everyone dying eggs |
 |
| Steven and Paul dying eggs |
 |
| Mark and Mallory Dying eggs |
 |
| Brett teaching Kayla and Jonna how to dye eggs. Apparently Nick doesn't believe in sitting in chairs. |
I love Easter almost more than Christmas sometimes. It's such a refreshing holiday. I am grateful Paul will always put family before school or work so that we don't miss out on these once in a lifetime events. No two family get togethers are ever the same. I hope you had a wonderful Easter and enjoyed spending time with family and friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment