Tuesday, October 16, 2012

A Bed Rest Birthday

We celebrated my 28th birthday early this year (on Sunday of Labor Day weekend) since Paul is still doing his surgery rotation and was going to be on call for 26 hours the Friday after my birthday. I was still on bed rest and feeling pretty good for being 32 weeks 5 days pregnant. I was beyond excited to have made it to 32 weeks. I have heard from multiple people that making it to 32 weeks was a huge milestone for the girls and that we could breathe a little easier after that mark. So I really felt like celebrating my birthday and making it another week on bed rest.

Paul was really sweet. He asked me what I wanted for my birthday and after 6 weeks of sitting/lying on the couch and in bed I really just wanted to go out of the house. Lately I had been feeling more like an incubator than a future mother, and was getting sad about all the unfinished nursery tasks.  I couldn't believe we were so far from being ready for the girls to come and I couldn't go shopping to find the fun knick knack and decorative items we wanted.  Unfortunately the doctors frowned upon me going anywhere and I didn't want to put the girls at more risk than they were so Paul made over the downstairs and cooked an amazing dinner for me. We both got semi dressed up like we were going out and it felt nice to wear dressier clothes and do my hair and make up. Paul did a great job of making me feel special and like we went somewhere even though we didn't go anywhere, and the food was really good too.  I couldn't have asked for a better birthday.

Our beautiful restaurant table

Finally getting to wear the pretty purple shirt I bought. 32 weeks and 5 days!!

Last picture before the girls arrived

Yummy dinner that Paul made. Complete with sparkling mango lemonade.

My two dinner dates. Can you tell that Dasher is wanting Paul's dinner plate.

I never imagined that the girls would end up arriving before my actual birthday on this night. I am so grateful that we got to spend some quality time together for my birthday before the girls came.

No comments: