Now that we have our furniture we can focus on getting more decorations.
Sunday, September 19, 2010
You know you are a becoming an adult when...
...you want bedroom furniture for your birthday instead of something less practical. This weekend my birthday present finally arrived. Paul and I had been searching for bedroom furniture to match our existing sleigh bed that I love and bought separate when the line was discontinued the year prior to our marriage. I didn't think that it would be hard to match since it was a classic cherry wood finish. Boy was I wrong. I had no idea that so many different colors under the umbrella of cherry finish. We finally got lucky and found a perfect match the night we got home from visiting my family in OK. We decided to run to check out a set we saw in a newspaper that morning at my grandparent's house. Since it was Labor Day weekend many of the stores were having sales. That set didn't match, but I convinced Paul to take a chance and go across the interstate to the RoomStore just to see since we still had an hour until they closed. When we walked in our sales lady took a look at a piece we had brought with us from the full length mirror that matched our bed and led us straight to a set that matched perfectly. She cut us a great deal, at least $750.00 cheaper than we expected, and we were out of there in less than 30 min. It was the best furniture shopping experience I had ever had.
2 comments:
So pretty! I can't wait to see your cute little town home.
I remember those days. I'm impressed that you actually bought furniture this early in your marriage. We had "hand-me-downs" for years. After 27 yrs we still have some of them. You're making precious memories!
Post a Comment