This year we spent Thanksgiving in Tyler with Paul's family. Thanksgiving is one of my absolute favorite holidays and it just isn't Thanksgiving without spending hours in the kitchen preparing for a feast. Paul and I did alot of the baking before we left and took it with us. This was the first year I had attempted a few dishes: angel biscuits and pumpkin pie. I hear the pumpkin pie turned out ok and everyone liked the biscuits, but nothing compares to my grandmas. I still need some practice. One year I will get it right though.
 |
| Making pie crusts |
 |
| Paul always makes the icing for my cakes...I don't even know if I could do it. |
 |
| Pies baking...they actually look good. |
 |
| Attempting to ice on a Turkey |
 |
| finished product...way to go Hobby Lobby cake decorating classes |
 |
| side view |
 |
| Making angel biscuits...something is just not right. This calls for an emergency call to Grandma K...good thing she has a minute to spare from making her own Thanksgiving meal. |
 |
| Finished Angel Biscuits...not perfect but edible. |
 |
| The spread |
 |
Enjoying our feast...minus Paul's mom she is taking the picture.
Around the table starting on the left: Paul's Dad, Anne, Jessica, Me, Paul, Jacob, Megan and Bethany |
 |
| Playing games around the coffee table |
 |
| Christmas card photo time. |
I normally go Black Friday shopping with my mom. We don't always get up at the crack of dawn to brave the crowds unless there is something we want, but we always go out at some point on that day. This year I wanted a sewing machine from Wal-Mart. I had scouted out a few that were going to be on sale and asked for advice from Grandma to make sure it was worth it to fight the crowds. I dragged Paul and Bethany with me to get my sewing machine at midnight. Paul had never been black friday shopping and he loved it. He thought it was hillarious all the comotion and craziness. I ended up getting my sewing machine and a few movies that night. We went out again in the morning at 7:30 to see what else we could get. Overall, we got a lot of good deals.
 |
| Bethany leading the way |
 |
| Yes it's mine! |
 |
| Paul lugged the thing all around Wal-Mart while we saw what else was on sale...he thought a cart would just slow us down. |
After our Black Friday Madness Shopping Spree we took a little nap and then all went to see the new Disney movie...Tangled. I love Disney cartoons. Beauty and the Beast is my favorite and always will be, but this one was really good. I highly recommend Tangled for all little girls to see.
 |
| waiting for the show to begin |
 |
| With the giant poster. |
And now for an update on the great Spruce Tree Growing Competition. I am pulling ahead with multiple little sprouts that had grown while we were away. Although, Paul still claims he is winning, because his two measly sprouts are taller than mine. We will see.
 |
| mine |
 |
| Paul's |
I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! Now it's time to get ready for Christmas!
1 comment:
What a great post!! Your biscuits and pies look great. Doesn't contributing to the cooking make you feel grown up? It did for me. :) I think your tree is winning, by the way!
Post a Comment