Monday, December 6, 2010

Deck the Halls...

One of my favorite parts of Christmas is the decorations. There is just something nice about sitting in the light of a Christmas tree at night that warms your soul. I also love pulling out all the decorations and remembering where you got them and/or who gave them to you. My mom gave Paul and I about 3 different 1st Christmas Together ornaments last year, because she kept finding 'better' ones. Another, interesting event is how for some reason or another that one Christmas decoration gets lost. For instance, this year I cannot seem to find my oustside, front door rug anywhere. I am sure we will find it next year or as we are packing away the Christmas stuff this year, but for now it will remain hidden. Last year, we couldn't find Paul's Dallas Cowboy candy canes his little brother gave him for Christmas to hang on the tree or our Mickey and Minnie ornament, but this year they hang front and center on our tree.

Paul and I decorated our little house on Sunday when we got back from Thanksgiving. I was really excited because we got a new tree this year. Now, I have to say that Christmas trees in the store are deceptive. They look much smaller in the open isles of a store than they do in your tiny living room. It is a good thing that Paul talked me out of the 9' tree that I wanted to get.

7 1/2 feet is much taller than you think.

Hanging the first ornament.

Paul hanging his first ornament

Paul putting on the Angel...I was too short even with the step ladder.

Yay! We found our Mickey and Minnie ornament
(for those of you who don't know we honeymooned in Disney)

Dasher learns from my mom's cats that you should lay
under the tree in the way of putting on the tree skirt.

TaDa!









Dasher is all decked out and ready to help Santa delliver presents.

This year I also decorated my classroom. I thought since I spend more time there than I do at home I should be able to enjoy Christmas decorations there.

The door to my room. I have an outside, portable room.





I put up our old 6 1/2 foot tree in my room at school.
I am having each of my students make a stocking ornament to use as a sticker chart.
When they get their 5 stickers they will get their Christmas prize/present from me!



I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Kendra said...

Love it! I totally bought a 9ft tree last year because I have tall ceilings. I realized when I got it home that it works, but not on certain walls of the living room where the ceiling slopes down to 8ft. Fun times! but it looks pretty in the right spots!!

Anonymous said...

Your house looks so pretty! We still have our 6 1/2 foot tree. I think we're going to look for a new one in the after Christmas sales.