Sunday, January 16, 2011

New Year's Resolutions

Paul and I drove back to Houston from Tyler on New Year's Eve. We got home early evening and we ordered in and watched the ball drop from the comfort of our home. It was nice to be home after our long break, and as a bonus our neighborhood and surrounding neighborhoods shot off fireworks and we got to enjoy the show. (Fireworks are probably one of my favorite things to watch in the world).

I never make New Year's resolutions, but this coming year there are a few things that I would like to become better at.

1. Become more organized
     --I used to think I was a very organized person, but lately I have not been as put together as I would have liked and as a result have been more stressed out. I hope to remedy that this year.

2. Cook more meals at home
     -- I love to cook and hope to become more adventurous and try new recipes.

3. Find new ways to save money
     -- Paul and I have started using a new computer program that helps us create and stick to a budget. I really like finding a sale and saving money. It feels good to get a good deal.

4. Get more involved in our church and our community

5. Finish our Honeymoon scrapbook and hopefully our wedding scrapbook.

6. Read more books

7. Become more active

8. Make better use of my time
    -- This includes being more punctual

9. Create Therapy materials

10. Finish my Hobby Lobby Cake decorating classes

I am sure there are many more things I should and will be working on, but this is all I could think of right now.

I hope everyone had a blessed 2010 and will enjoy an even more blessed 2011.

No comments: