During Black Friday I managed to score a sewing machine for a great price. I took home economic classes in high school and we did have a lesson on sewing. I managed to make a skirt; however, it is a lot harder than I remember to sew. I have problems with the bobbin. So, I enrolled my sister-in-law and I in a sewing 101 class with my Grandma. My sister-in-law had mentioned last Thanksgiving that she had gotten a sewing machine some time ago for her birthday and had never used it. We started off just making 'straight' stitches across scraps of fabric, but then we got creative and made little pouches. I am very greatful that I have a healthy, active grandma who can teach me invaluable skills like sewing.
 |
| Grandma K winding teaching Kourtney to wind a bobbin. |
 |
| Kourtney practicing and Grandma K teaching me where the bobbin goes. |
I must have forgotten to take pictures of our finished projects. Before leaving Minco though I did manage to raid my grandma's scrap closet and got some great scraps for future projects that I will post about.
No comments:
Post a Comment