Thursday, March 15, 2012

Valentine's Day

Paul and I celebrated Valentine's Day on the weekend before Valentine's Day this year since Valentine's Day fell on a Tuesday and I am normally really tired after work. We like to celebrate every special occasion by going to a Brazilian steak house (Paul's favorite, and I like them too).  This year we went to Fogo de Chao. It was really good, and was just what we had hoped for.  Well we were missing the guarana (a Brazilian soft drink similar to ginger ale, and very hard to come by in the US) If you have never been to a Brazilian steak house I suggest you go, but make sure and save lots of room since they are all you can eat, and you will want to eat a lot.

Before heading to the eat, Paul and I exchanged gifts. This year Paul utilized my Pinterest account to get some ideas of what I might like. He actually was able to purchase a necklace from the link on my Pinterest account. I always knew he would find Pinterest just as useful as I did.  I surprised Paul with a nice bottle of wine (at least I hope it was nice. I don't drink so I am not very good at selecting good wines. He said he liked it) a movie, some meat thermometers (for the steaks he planned to grill on Tuesday), and a wine stopper so he could save his wine for a later date. He was surprised by his gifts, and I think enjoyed them since he thought his gift was going to be his 'fancy' Paul Mitchell shampoo from the salon where we get our hair cut. He is kinda obsessed with the shampoo, but at least his hair always smells good ;)

our presents

Paul excited about his gifts

Me wearing my necklace. You can kind of see it. It is a flower with a pearl drop.

On Tuesday Paul surprised me with flowers at my school. They were very pretty and different from all the roses everyone else was getting just like I like. He has become quite good at sending me pretty gifts. I also had balloons waiting for me when we got home. Then we made dinner together. I made the sides and Paul grilled the steaks. It was probably the best Valentine's Day we have ever had.


My beautiful Valentine's Day flowers.

Dasher loves to help me cook...can't you tell?
I hope everyone else had a great Valentine's day and is having a wonderful 2012!

No comments: