Wednesday, December 5, 2012

A Tyler Thanksgiving

This year was our year to spend Thanksgiving with Paul's side of the family in Tyler. It was also the girls first long road trip (4 hours). We have taken many small car trips around town for doctors appointments and outings, but nothing over 30 minutes. I have to say the girls did great. They go about 4 hours between bottles so we fed them right before we left, popped them in the car and made it to Tyler before they got too fussy for their next bottle. It was a really easy trip with them. I am proud and grateful that they are such good travelers.

Hailey sleeping on the way to Tyler

Hadley was awake for part of the trip.

We had a good time in Tyler, and the girls had fun playing with their titias and titio. We even got a new camera as an early Christmas present from Paul's parents and were able to take some fun pictures. I am thankful for early Christmas presents, because Paul also let me have my present early this year and my new kindle fire made the 4 hour trip go by fast for me too.

making Thanksgiving dinner

making pao de queijo
sitting down to dinner

Paul and his mom feeding the girls

Our two little turkeys
Hailey playing with Titia Megan

Hailey with Titia Bethany

The girls being thoroughly entertained

Hadley chilling with Titia Jessica

Hadley hanging out with Titio Jacob

Hailey with Titia Anne
Our family (dasher wouldn't cooperate) on Thanksgiving

Hadley and Hailey with Vovo (voe voe) and Vovo (vaw vaw)

Hadley and Hailey with their Titias and Titio

We were able to stay in Tyler from Wednesday evening to Sunday morning. I am also thankful that Paul has time off around the holidays, because I know when he starts residency in 2 years we probably  won't be as lucky so it's nice to take advantage of it now.

The whole family right before we left on Sunday morning. I love how Dasher snuck into the picture.


No comments: