My mom and grandparents arrived Wednesday evening just before my surgery on Thursday morning. We had a good visit and it was a joy to introduce the girls to their great grandparents. Hailey and Hadley are lucky little ladies because they have 7 great grandparents still living. My grandmother on my dad's side passed away when I was 14. She took care of me when I was little and I will always remember her fondly, and hope to share my memories of her with the girls when they are old enough.
On Thursday my surgery went smoothly and I returned home that evening a little groggy, but feeling great. I am blessed in that I continued to feel great the rest of the weekend. We spent most of the time hanging around the house playing with the girls. We did manage to get the boutonnieres made for my little brother's wedding and some corsages done as well. We did a little shopping and ended the visit by going to the Christmas program held at our church which had live animals and told the entire story of the birth and life of Christ. Everyone enjoyed it and it was a really great production. I am glad I thought ahead and got us tickets.
| Hailey cuddling with great grandma |
| Great Grandpa entertaining the girls in front of the Christmas Tree |
| Hadley hanging out with Great Grandpa |
| Boutonniere that I made for my little brother's wedding |
| All dressed up and ready for the Christmas program in our pretty Snowflake dresses |
| With Grandma |
| with great grandma and grandpa |
| Waiting for the Christmas program to start. |
I could not have had a better weekend surrounding a not so fun event of surgery. I am very grateful to my mom for coming to take care of me and the girls, and enjoyed spending some time with my grandparents before we go to visit them for Christmas and get lost in the hustle and bustle of the holidays and preparing for my little brother's wedding.
No comments:
Post a Comment