Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Mother's Day

Mother's Day sure was interesting this year.  We were still in OK and scheduled to drive back home late that morning since Paul and I both had work the following Monday. I was happy to at least be able to start the day with my mom, and even though it would be spent in the car I still got to spend the day with my two beautiful little girls! However, Paul had other ideas. He ended up catching an awful 48 hour bug. I have never seen him so sick and I felt awful for him. He didn't leave the bathroom all day. My mom and I ended up spending the day together taking care of my sick husband and trying to prevent the girls from catching whatever he had.  I am very grateful my mom was there to help me. She's an amazing mom and always there when I need her. I just wish the day could have been more special rather than filled with laundry, cleaning and rocking crying babies.

Paul finally felt "better" that evening around 5:00pm and we decided to go ahead and head back to Houston so that I could at least go to work on Monday and if he did just have a 24 hour bug he could go to work too. I was nervous to drive the van for the first time on such a long journey and through the middle of both Dallas and Houston. Luckily, since it was so late at night when we were driving traffic was not a concern. The girls did great on the drive and Paul was able to rest the whole way home. We arrived shortly after 1:00am and Paul had put out my Mother's Day presents before we left so they would be waiting for me when we returned.

My gifts from Paul and the girls

The two best gifts ever!! and with their presents to me.

Overall, I couldn't have asked for a better Mother's Day because not only did I get to spend it with my mom, but I also got to experience the joy of being a mother and spend the day with my own daughters. No matter the circumstances if I am with them I am blessed and full of joy!

The reasons I get to celebrate Mother's Day!!

No comments: