Saturday, June 8, 2013

Uncle Brett's Graduation!!

My little brother Brett graduated from pharmacy school on May 11th. I took off that Friday from work and Paul was able to take a day off as well. Over Easter we made a big decision that at first I was not completely thrilled about, but now cannot imagine life if we hadn't decided to purchase my grandparent's van. My grandparents have been wanting to get a smaller crossover/SUV instead of their van since they don't travel that much and no longer feel like they need all the space the van has to offer. I am grateful to Paul and my grandpa for realizing that we needed more space when I didn't. My grandpa didn't want to trade in his van so he sold it to us instead! We decided to fly to Brett's graduation and then drive the van home after graduation!


We left early Friday morning for the airport and the girls 1st flight!! I was very nervous, as I am not a huge fan of flying and checking in/waiting at security/boarding is all very hard to predict without infants let alone with two unpredictable little girls as well. Luckily we made it through security and checking in just as the last passengers were getting on the plane. We missed our spot in line and family boarding, but were still able to get a row to ourselves and since the plane wasn't full we had an extra seat between Paul and I for the girls to play in before take off. The girls are amazing!! Have I mentioned what great travelers they are? Hadley enjoyed looking out the window while we waited for take off and her and Hailey both had a great time playing in the seat. When we finally prepared for take off, Paul and I picked the girls up, put them in our lap and they both fell right asleep before the wheels left the ground. It's a short flight to OKC and the girls slept the whole way. They woke up from the jolt of the landing.

Hailey (left) and Hadley (right) playing on the plane

Daddy and Hailey waiting for takeoff

Mommy and Hailey waiting for takeoff

Hadley looking out the window
My mom and grandpa picked us up from the airport in our new van and Paul was thrilled. As we were driving home from the airport, Paul was pushing all the buttons and raving about how amazing the van was. I have to admit it was a lot nicer than I imagined it would be and the girls can see out the windows too!
Me with our new van

Once we got to Minco we took care of paperwork for the van and visisted with my grandma, before getting ready for my little brother's hooding ceremony that evening. Paul and my youngest brother Steven stayed home and babysat the girls while my mom, grandparents and I attended the hooding ceremony. We met my brother's girlfriend Kayla there and were all very proud of Brett's accomplishments. He is the first Doctor in our family and it's nice having a pharmacist around to help guide you to what medicine works best for what ails you.
Brett getting his hood

Brett with my grandparents and mom
Uncle Steven and Hailey
The next morning we all woke up, got ready and headed off to Southwestern Oklahoma State University for graduation. It was sunny and a little warm so I spent most of graduation in the shade with the girls, and surprise surprise they slept through most of it, but did wake up just in time to cheer for Uncle Brett as he walked across the stage. I am so proud of my little brother and can't wait to see what the future holds for him.
Brett getting his diploma

Hadley and Hailey with Brett
Brett with his cake

No comments: