Thursday, June 28, 2012

3 year Anniversary!!


Paul and I finally celebrated our 3 year wedding anniversary this past weekend. On our actual anniversary (May 16th) we were on a plane to my little brother's high school graduation and Paul was drowning in studying for his boards. Now with his boards over we took his last free weekend before starting clinical skills week and then clinical rotations to celebrate our anniversary properly. 

Paul has been giving me the traditional anniversary gifts every year, but he failed to tell me that he was doing that until last year so I think I am behind. Anyway, 3 years marks the year to give leather. When Paul first looked it up he was a little stumped, and even told me that it might be a hard one, until I pointed out that purses, wallets, belts, and lots of shoes were made out of leather ;)  I actually got him something that was leather too. He had gone to play golf earlier that spring and mentioned that he needed a new golf glove. I also got Paul tickets to a Ranger game. He loves the Rangers and misses living close enough to go to multiple games a season. So we made plans to go up for a Friday night game and stay the night and then do a little shopping Saturday before heading back home.

The game was lots of fun, but in the beginning it was really hot. I was so grateful the sun went down. I think Paul enjoyed every minute of the game though. I was excited to find out it was firework Friday!! I love fireworks and the Rangers put on a really great show.  That next morning we went to the mall near our hotel and ate at the Cheesecake Factory for lunch. It was very yummy, but I failed to save room for dessert :(  After lunch, we went shopping for my anniversary present. Paul really wanted to get me a new purse, because my other one was looking a little sad. I figured it must look bad if Paul was saying it looked old. He tried to get me a purse on his own, but I am glad he got overwhelmed and came home empty handed, because when I finally picked one, he said he would never have picked anything close to it.

Paul and Rangers stadium

Me and the babies (22 1/2 weeks)

Paul with Josh Hamilton

Paul and the fireworks

Me and the fireworks (at this point I had sweated off all makeup and my hair was crazy!)

Paul and I at the game.
Paul with his new golf glove

My new purse! I love yellow and purple, but yellow is a more practical purse color ;)

It was so nice to get away, and just hang out with each other even if it was only for one night. I also have to thank our friends Robert and Rachel for watching Dasher because it was nice to not have to worry about him while we were away and to not  have to take him to the kennel for just one night. I have enjoyed these past three years of marriage, and could not feel more blessed to be married to Paul. These past three years have flown by and I can't wait for many more years to come. I am sure they will bring many more challenges and lots more milestones and joy like the arrival of our twins!!

2 comments:

Agneta said...

That purse is a great choice! And I'm so excited for your twins, I'll be moving to H-town in less than a month so I'll be sure to visit when I get there :)

Med Student's Wife said...

Thanks!

You will definitely have to visit when you move to Houston. We will be glad to have you back.