Wednesday, July 20, 2011

211 Girl's Weekend!

This past weekend my old college roommates (from 211 patchin hall days) came down for a reunion visit. It was so nice for us all to be in one place again and relive the good ol' days. Everyone arrived Friday night and I had planned to decorate the house so that we could have a mini celebration because Kendra had recently gotten engaged and will be married in October, which is quickly approaching. We had a great night with some of our favorite movies from college, desserts and wedding plans.

Congrats Kendra!

Yummy Sprinkles and cookies.

Beth decided to eat her cupcake one bite at a time so that she could savor it.

Cheers
 On Saturday morning/afternoon we woke up and headed to the Galleria area for some shopping and food. After we had bought out the Galleria we headed to Minute Maid stadium for some baseball fun. Once again I have to say that it is nice that the Astros play in air conditioning. Following the game there was a David Crowder Band concert. They are one of my favorite Worship bands, and it was a lot of fun. It brought back good memories since we all met through Oklahoma State University's Baptist Collegiate Ministries.
Brunch at Buffalo Grille


Sno Cones at the Astro Game



David Crowder Band Concert.

Group Shot

Post Galleria
 On Sunday we headed for some fun in the sun at Galveston Beach. We rode the ferry and saw more dolphins than I had ever seen. Enjoyed gelatis at Rita's; our new favorite summer time beach snack place. The waves were not very big, but that didn't keep us from enjoying some water fun boogie boarding and skim boarding. I am also happy to report that my new sun screen works, because this was my first sun burn free beach trip all summer. Yay for SPF 90+ .

On the Ferry

If you look closely you can see the dolphin's fin.


Gelatis!!

Our spot on the beach


Paul giving boogie boarding lessons.

Skim boarding lessons
Way to go Beth

Nice try Bethany

Woohoo Kendra
 After the beach we headed back to the house to clean up and say good-bye to Bethany.  She had to be a responsible adult and go home so she could be at work Monday morning. Since we had spent the day in the sun, Kendra gave Beth and I Mary Kay facials. My face never felt so fresh and I have to say my make-up looked good so good that I wanted to go out on the town, but we were all too tired for that.

facial time

Final product
I was so sad to see everyone leave on Monday morning, but alas we had to get back to the real world. I was told when I started working in the schools that the summer would be boring compared to the school year, and boy was that wrong. We have had tons of visitors and have been able to go and visit lots of people too. I am so grateful for this time to reconnect and keep in touch with family and friends. I am sad to see the summer coming to an end so soon.

No comments: