Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Let's Go Rangers!!

Well I guess somewhere along the line I forgot to post about the Astro vs. Ranger game we attended. So I will do that now.

The last Thursday in June the Rangers were in Houston playing the Astros. The nice thing about the Astros and Minute Maid Stadium is that you can get tickets at a decent price and a good location the day of the game. In fact, when I woke up on Thursday morning I had no idea I would be going to a baseball game that night. Paul and I had briefly discussed going to the game the night before, but never set any plans. That afternoon, I hung out with our friend's kids while Paul and Robert were in class and Rachel was attending training at work for her new job. Riley and Reagan are so sweet and I love getting to hang out with them. However, I was surprised when Rachel returned and asked me about going to the Ranger game that night. Apparently, Paul and Robert had decided in class that they wanted to attend the game. Talk about last minute we bought ticktes for all 6 of us 2 hours before the game started and headed towards the ball park.

I am glad we did too. It was a lot of fun. My sunburn from the beach the previous weekend was still hurting a lot so I am grateful that Minute Maid Stadium is in doors and airconditioned. It really is a great ballpark to visit and had some amazing food options for dinner and the service was great considering we were wearing Ranger gear.

Aisle seats!!


Our big helmet full of ice cream. The guy kept piling it on because he was afraid Paul would eat it all and I wouldn't get any.

Paul, Robert, Rachel, Reagan, and Riley
Even though the Rangers ended up losing miserably, we all had a lot of fun and I hope we continue to have these spontaneous get togethers.

No comments: